31 Jan 2016

Review: Carry On

★★★★☆

I'm glad that I had the time and motivation to end my journey with Simon now.

I started Carry On in November and thought it was going to take make just a couple of days before I finished it. In reality it took me over two months!

***************************************************

Simon Snow is the worst Chosen One who's ever been chosen. Honestly, I don't even know how he got through his education to his last year. He can't do normal spells and then when something dangerous in going on, he just ''goes off''. In other words, explodes (and sets everything on fire). But there's something charming about Simon and his clumsiness. He doesn't think like an aristocrat or think he actually is the most valuable asset to the World of Mages.

Baz. I don't know what to say about him. He's awfully a handsome and a vampire. His mother was the headmistress before the Mage. He just is the opposite if Simon. When Simon doesn't know what to do, Baz knows. When Simon can't do something, Baz can. They're completing each other all the while they claim to hate and plot to destroy the other.

At the beginning I couldn't dive into the story, so to me it felt like it dragged a lot. Half way through the plot picked up pace and it started moving better. The last hundred pages were pure perfection. Things I thought would be real awkward in real life weren't on the paper and that just amazed me a lot.

But one thing is sure: the words that sum up the book perfectly are Carry On.

No comments:

Post a Comment