18 Jun 2016

Review: Will Grayson, Will Grayson

I have no clue why I've got two copies of Will Grayson, Will Grayson.

 Will Grayson meet Will Grayson.

★★★☆☆

Will Grayson x2 is something what I've never read before. Something really weird that you hate for the first two hundred pages, then you like it for the next sixty pages, and the last around fifty pages are really good and you almost love it. In the end it leaves you very confused and unsure. You don't know if you really loved it or truly despised it. 


What I felt was somewhat in the between, I settled for three stars, which is the average of the feelings that I felt for the book. But in the end it doesn't tell you the truth. The truth is that it was a love-hate relationship.

I really liked the idea and the themes and all the separate things in the book, but as a complection, they didn't work out. As separate they were great. Individual little stories of friendships and love and life. Together it was messy. Especially in the first two hundred pages. After those two hundred pages they start forming stringd to each other and in the end they are tied together and you realise what they all meant. The thing is that, if you have the patience of a goldfish, you can't wait almost three hundred pages so you can start loving a book which will end within ten pages. You just can't.

As for the characters. They are exact opposites. I don't know if you can make the protagonist less important than the side character, but now I know that it is possible. Very possible. There could been a few improvements with the characters personalities, but then again thinking, that might have a made a bigger mess of the book. And since I am not an awesome author, I can't say which kind of characters would've been the best fit for this kind of story.  

And now that I've started rambling weird things, let's just say that this book has to be read as an actual physical paperish book. Not the audiobook. I made the mistake and started this as an audiobook, but after ten minutes, I changed to the paper version. Makes more sense to what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment